We're growing our business and we need you to be part of it! We are looking for a talented Senior Designer and UX Hybrid to join the team, and grow the design studio. Clock is not just about creating technology – it’s about creating a ‘digital experience’.
And that’s where you come in. Supported by the wider team, you’ll take ideas and translate them into really smart and intuitive user journeys and wireframes – and then design beautiful interfaces around them.
Reporting to our Executive Creative Director, the Senior Designer will lead both UX and creative output on multiple projects, across a variety of industries. The role will be hands-on and self-propelled – but you’ll also have ample support. We can't quite explain exactly what your day to day will look like but here is an idea how you’ll be getting involved with things:
- Work with the ECD and internal team to find innovative ways of solving our client’s challenges by looking at the brand, their customers, their objectives, and the world around us. This might include research, testing, as well as drawing on your UX experience.
- Help the ECD pitch those ideas to our clients – including finding the best way to describe the user journey.
- Transform those ideas into workable wireframes – again explaining your thought processes as you go.
- Design a beautiful interface that encapsulates the brand/product.
- Collaborate with the tech team to bring those designs to life.
- Help and support other designers, both full time and freelance, at a senior level.
- Bring junior designers on to raise.
- There’ll also be a lot of ad-hoc graphics including illustrations, logos, layouts, photos for social media, merchandise, and other items. We get involved in all sorts of imaginative things.
- Basically, you’ll be the day-to-day creative and UX lead, and foundation of our new design team.
- At least 5 years’ experience, working as a designer and/or UX expert in an agency environment.
- You have an online portfolio of beautiful, immersive designs, that encapsulate a brand’s essence.
- You know how to take insights from research and analysis to synthesis - creating great user experiences.
- You have an excellent ability to tell a story and explain your design and UX decisions, visually, verbally and in writing – to internal team members and clients.
- Experience presenting and being part of a pitch team.
- Experience designing websites, mobile apps, and technology platforms.
- Experience managing and supporting small, internal design teams of 1-5 people.
- You are a master-level Figma and Photoshop user. Keynote, Office and Creative Suite expertise also useful.
- Your wireframing tool of choice creates layouts that are clear enough for a layperson to understand.
- You are naturally curious about human beings, and motivated to deliver excellent user experiences.
- A passion for behavioural science would also be great, along with an interest in innovation, and in other forms of creative expression.
What do we do?
Clock is a global technology and innovation company. We make really imaginative digital stuff, for ambitious clients who expect more from technology.
We’re not tied to a particular tech or platform - instead we let client objectives and behavioural insight lead us to the best solution. Then we custom build it. We’re both thinkers and doers - behavioural scientists, creative strategists, and passionate engineers, who know how to build robust, reliable tech, across multiple platforms, and deliver great results.
Fiercely independent since 1997, we work across a broad range of industries, including global publishing, entertainment, and video game brands. We also design, develop, and build our own products. As the line blurs between digital and reality, our solutions shape businesses for the future, and change peoples' lives for the better.
Our clients are global, and so is our team.
If you have any specific requirements in terms of your application, please let us know. We particularly want to ensure that any neurodivergent candidates feel comfortable asking for any flex to support them during the whole process.
We will do whatever it takes to ensure an equitable experience for our future team members.